Miyerkules, Setyembre 4, 2013

Martin Nievera: ‘Singing is what keeps me alive’


Ni Len Armea


Tatlumpung dekada na ang nakalipas simula nang dumating mula sa Amerika si Martin Nievera na agad pinakilig ang publiko sa pamamagitan ng mga kantang “Be My Lady,” “Pain”, “Say That You Love Me,” “Forever” at “You Are My Song.”  Sa industriya na madaling magbago ang panlasa ng mga tagahanga, ipinakita ni Martin ang kanyang husay bilang mag-aawit at kung bakit siya tinaguriang “The Concert King.”

Sa loob ng 30 taon, nakagawa na si Martin ng 26 albums, hindi mabilang na konsiyerto, TV programs, at maging pelikula at nagawaran ng iba’t ibang parangal. Kaya bilang pagdiriwang ng kanyang ika-30 taong anibersaryo sa industriya, inihahandog ni Martin sa kanyang masugid na mga tagahanga ang “Martin Nievera: 3D – Tatlong Dekada” concert na gaganapin sa Setyembre 13 sa Smart Araneta Coliseum.

“In this show, I’m going to do what I used to do. You call it throwback these days, back in my day we called it old school -- and that is to sing the songs with beautiful instruments. 

“I’m going to do what I used to do back then so that the people watching and the people in my industry will see that this is the way we used to do it, this is why I am blessed with a title ‘Concert King.'

“I want to be able to give you the music that I gave you years ago that hopefully will bring you back to a happy place in your life or in a time that was very happy for you,” pahayag ni Martin.

Isang malaking tagumpay na para sa isang artista na tulad niya na tumagal ng ilang dekada na labis na ipinagpapasalamat ng pamosong balladeer. Aniya, hindi naging madali na marating ang kanyang estado bilang mang-aawit lalo na’t may kaakibat din na pagsubok ang pagtamasa sa kasikatan.

“It feels great! This is the day and age of ‘here today, gone tomorrow’ so to be three decades, even a decade is great, you know. I didn’t know I would last this long.

“What keeps me alive is singing, performing and being in front of a bunch of strangers and throwing my heart and soul – that’s what I love to do. That is the best part of my job,” bulalas pa ng masayahing singer.

Sa panayam ng Pinoy Gazette kay Martin, na itinuturing na isa sa music icons sa bansa, ay sinagot nito kung ano ang kanyang naging sikreto kung bakit siya nagtagumpay sa mundo ng showbusiness.

“For me, the secret to success is not knowing that you’ve arrived. If you know you’ve arrived, that’s it, you’re done. As they say, it is the journey not the destination,” aniya.

Ibinunyag din niya na hindi niya itinatago ang mga tropeo at parangal na kanyang natatanggap at kanyang saloobin sa pagiging Concert King.

“I don't want to be reminded of greatness --I don't know if that's good or bad -- it sounds almost cheesy that I don't want to be reminded of how well I did. I am hoping that I don't need to look at accolades or trophies to know how great I am or was. 

“When they said to me, you’re the Concert King. What do you feel about it? Concert King to me means I have to do a performance fit for a king, not a king performing. Kings do not perform. So I always say, every performance I do, there’s no such thing as a small gig, a small show. Every show that I do – big or small – has to be fit for a king. That’s why I’m the Concert King.”

Hindi rin nangimi si Martin sa pagsasabi na alam niyang lahat ng ito ay maaaring mawala, na ang kasikatan at tagumpay ay hindi permanente. Ito umano ang kanyang natutuhan sa loob ng tatlong dekada.

“I think the best lesson is that everything that you achieved, everything that you dream to achieve there is really an end at the end of the rainbow because before I thought I’m going to be the way I am forever. I learned to be more grateful, everything that comes my way… I’m just so humbled by everything around me. 

“I’ve been slapped so many times, I’ve been up and down so many times, I’ve bounced back in my career so many times that I’ve learned the art of bouncing back and that for me that is the hardest thing to learn because fame can really blind you.

“I’ve saved myself in an industry that can make you implode,” pahayag ni Martin.







Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento